Thursday, December 20, 2012

Electronics kits for boys and girls

''littleBits Teaser Kit - Each bit has a simple, unique function (light, sound, sensors, etc), and modules snap to make larger circuits. With a growing number of available modules, littleBits aims to put the power of engineers in the hands of artists, makers and children.'' [source]


''GoldieBlox: The Engineering Toy for Girls by Debbie Sterling - GoldieBlox is a construction toy + book series starring Goldie, the kid inventor who loves to build. My name is Debbie and I’m a Stanford engineer. When I was a little girl, I thought the word, “engineering” was nerdy and intimidating and just for boys. I’ve since learned I was so wrong. Engineers build all the important things we use every day…things that make our lives better. The scary truth is that only 11% of engineers are women and girls start losing interest in science as young as age 8!  This is our chance to change that statistic.'' [source]

No comments:

Post a Comment