Monday, December 01, 2008

My favorite JavaScript book

Finally a book that tells it like it is!

''Most programming languages contain good parts and bad parts. I discovered that I could be a better programmer by using only the good parts and avoiding the bad parts.
...
you have the power to define your own subset. You can write better programs by relying exclusively on the good parts.
...
JavaScript is a language with more than its share of bad parts.
...
Fortunately, JavaScript has some extraordinarily good parts. In JavaScript, there is a beautiful, elegant, highly expressive language that is buried under a steaming pile of good intentions and blunders.
...
My intention here is to expose the goodness in JavaScript, an outstanding, dynamic programming language.
'' [source]

I will format my javascript synaptic paths and learn the language from scratch, following the style suggested in this book (like in Zen, you know... kind of...) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment