Monday, August 27, 2007

Our hyper-exponential growing technological world ... O_o

<<... An analysis of the history of technology shows that technological change is exponential ...
Within a few decades, machine intelligence will surpass human intelligence, leading to The Singularity -- technological change so rapid and profound it represents a rupture in the fabric of human history. The implications include the merger of biological and nonbiological intelligence, immortal software-based humans, and ultra-high levels of intelligence that expand outward in the universe at the speed of light.
...
Living Forever

Once brain porting technology has been refined and fully developed, will this enable us to live forever?
...>>

http://www.kurzweilai.net/articles/art0134.html?printable=1

----
As a general comment: I like to find links like this, to which I only partially agree and that I find disturbing and intriguing at the same time... to keep my gears running.
After all if I only read the stuff I already agree with, how can I ever find out new ideas and get rid of old, wrong ones? :\

No comments:

Post a Comment